Gaining and maintaining the support of our users is, and forever will be, at the heart of our mission. It’s more vital than ever to support transparent moral guidelines that enable users to understand where the information originates from and whether it can be trusted.
Table of Contents
In the pursuit of promoting an accessible and welcoming setting, we vow to make participation in our project and our community a stress-free activity for everyone, regardless of age, body size, disability, ethnicity, sex characteristics, gender identity and expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.
Patterns of conduct that contribute to building a positive environment include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Acting respectfully about differing perspectives and backgrounds
- Happily receiving constructive criticism
- Concentrating on what is most desirable for the community
- Manifesting compassion towards other community members
Examples of unacceptable conduct by members include:
- The use of sexualized expression or symbolism and uninvited sexual gestures or proposals
- Trolling, demeaning remarks, and private or political attacks
- Public or private harassment
- Publishing others’ data, such as a physical or electronic address, without specific authorization
- Another behavior which could plausibly be viewed improperly in a cultural environment
Our most important asset is the freedom that allows us to write posts without concern.
We are regularly deeply critical of people and organizations we cover. We’re most satisfied with our job if we tell stories that influential people would prefer not to see the light of day. We enjoy this freedom because every member of our editorial team is obligated to observe a strict code of conduct.
Here are the main guidelines in our code of conduct:
- We don’t accept anything of value from organizations, period
- We do not allow preconditions for coverage of a story that expects us to say specific stuff
- We do not provide subjects of our reporting the capability to preview or approve interview questions. We do not permit them to evaluate our posts before we publish
- We do not permit writers to cover people or corporations where they have a special interest
- We do not make compensated endorsements of any sort
- We do not privately invest in corporations we cover
- Our editorial team does not write paid content, ever
We place ads on our site, and they are our primary source of income. Our organization has its promotion team accountable for merchandising ad location on our website. We do not accept payments from corporations as a requirement or motivation to compose a report or post, whether positive or negative. All articles and other editorial material on the site are based on our will, and not based on the request of any corporation or publicist.
Our website may also include affiliate marketing backlinks, which means we may be compensated on sales of those goods or services we write about. Advertisers do not control our editorial content in any way.
Sometimes, our team deals with different companies, brands, and corporations whose actions resonate with the organization. These partnerships do not affect the content that our editorial teams freely publish. We may produce content as part of these partnerships, and we may distribute this content on our site. We will add a declaration to explain the essence of the connection between our brand and the partner and the degree to which our editorial teams were included in the production of the content.
Sometimes, we will conduct competitions and giveaways for users on the site. Our editorial team will post rules, which will be obligatory for contestants who choose to compete. Giveaways of goods are not, and should never be viewed as advertisements of the organizations associated or their commodities.
We make all effort for posts to be correct upon writing. Errors brought to our consideration will be fixed, but as a customary practice, whole posts will not be deleted.
We get data and content from a mixture of sources. Many of our sources do not want to be identified. We allow anonymity when we recognize our sources to be reliable and trustworthy, and that their account would otherwise not be told. We make best attempts to verify the integrity of the data presented by unnamed sources and will not cover any information we have not completely vetted. It is our policy not to compensate sources financially. On infrequent occasions, we may engage with a source as a co-creator of content. In this case, the source may be paid a settled amount for their content contributions.
Our writers are frequently invited to appear in an acknowledged role as specialists on numerous broadcast, television, podcasts, or other media. These occurrences do not constitute an advertisement of any goods, corporations, or services mentioned.
Please report all and any issues to [email protected]