👋 Hi, I’m Jacob.
🎯 Key takeaways
This site is a bit of an experiment. I’ve been working in tech for 15+ years, but I’ve never actually run my own blog before. I simply never had the time.
Friends often ask me questions like “Is it still a good time to start an affiliate site?”, “Should I buy an expired domain?”, or “How do I do keyword research?”. This website is an outlet for me where I answer these questions honestly (so I don’t have to repeat myself in real life).
I’m not a consultant, coach, or an affiliate guru and I’m not trying to be. There won’t be any paid courses here.
Jacob is a crossover between a criminal mastermind and a monk.Jacob’s Mom
I’m a neckbeard who unironically wears 4 earrings in his ears. I got a fantastic partner and a cute kid. We live together in a little house with a pool in Tenerife, Canary Islands. I’ve quit my office job when I was 28 to work remotely and focus on fun projects.
📖 FACTS ABOUT ME:
- I’ve studied computer science at the Polish-Japanese Academy of Information Technology with a minor in Economics.
- I’m a Web Developer → Domainer → Programmer → Entrepreneur.
- I’ve been doing SEO and building websites using WordPress since version 2.3. That’s over 14 years.
- I’ve started and sold 2 startups in my 20s.
- At the same time, I co-founded 4 startups that failed.
- I am an early Bitcoin adopter.
- I own a tiny boutique SEO agency that specializes in the cryptocurrency niche.
- I run Tech Tuesdays, a newsletter for code monkeys.
- I’ve moved from Poland to work in the Bay Area. Recently came back to settle down in Europe.
- I’ve traveled the world for 7 years and visited over 50 countries.
- I’m living with my family now in a small town in Tenerife, Canary Islands.
- I’m open to speaking arrangements.
- You can read more about my personal life and interests on my “now page”.
🧘♂️ What does “unhype” mean?
Verb | ʌnˈhaɪp
:: To look at things rationally
:: To slow down
:: The opposite of hype
Everything is overhyped nowadays.
- Another tool that will win you the #1 position in Google.
- Another guru with no actual business experience selling an overpriced course.
- Another shortcut that will make you successful.
We can do better:
Go back to basics
Look into yourself
Find problems that need to be solved
Offer something of value
It’s that simple.
Ignore the guru quacks trying to sell you a pipe dream. Learn only from successful individuals.
Unhype to understand how the world around you really works and where you fit in.
You’ve just been hyped for unhyping.
🕵 Google and me
In 2020, I’ve realized that people are searching for queries related to me in Google:
Since there are no good answers to these questions out there I decided to answer them here: